incl. 19% VAT
Mare Balticum Vol. IV. Pomerania. Music from northern Germany and Poland (14th – 15th century)
Ensemble Peregrina, Agnieszka Budzińska-Bennett
- TACET Real Surround Sound
- Total playing time (mmm:ss): 78:14
- 5.1 standard channel order: front left – front right – center – subwoofer (not used) – surround left – surround right
- 96 kHz, 24 bit. Format: Flac (lossless)
- Download as zip file. Booklet (English, German, French) and cover images included
- Size: 2,91 GB
- Barcode: 4009850027324
The fourth and final recording of Agnieszka Budzinska-Bennett’s “Mare Balticum” project with and about music from the Baltic region, the first of which has already received the coveted ICMA, is perhaps the most beautiful. One-part melodies sung by four women in their own rhythm and yet in complete unison transport us to the bygone world of the Middle Ages. Solo songs bring us even closer to that time. For instance, when – this is just one example – Lorenza Donadini as Mary laments the death of Jesus, we hear the grief of a living mother over the death of her own child.
What a pity that this excursion into the past lasts only 79 minutes!
“(…) All in all, a grandiose result has been achieved in this production, with subtly realized and well differentiated interpretations, the effect of which one cannot escape and which allows the mystical longing of baroque piety to blossom in an intimate setting.” pizzicato